Program Wish List
We have many volunteers who do not have hours to give, but still wish to offer direct assistance to individuals and families in need. These individuals help through donations of specifically requested items needed by our programs.
Please, check our “wish list” often, to stay informed of the current program and client needs!
Due to the logistical challenges of picking up, processing, and storing donations of household items, equipment and clothing, we do not always have the capacity to accept these sorts of general donations. However, our programs continually have specific and immediate material needs. This is where you can help!
Some are one-time needs, others are ongoing, or seasonal. Please remember that not all programs are offered in all areas. Be sure to check in with the area contacts listed below to confirm the need and drop-off location.
Current Program Wish Lists:
Select the name of the program to view the list of needs.
- Home: dressers, end tables, coffee tables, lamps and light bulbs, slightly used living room furniture, garbage cans
- Bathroom: towels, shower curtains, personal hygiene kits (shampoo for various ethnicities, body soap, toothpaste, razors, shaving cream, etc.)
- Bedroom: new or slightly used sheet and comforter sets, blankets, new pillows, new beds
- Kitchen: pots/pans, rice cooker, can opener, mixing spoons, spatulas, dining kits (dishware for four – cups, plates, bowls, silverware), cleaning supply kits (paper towels, sponges, all-purpose cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, etc.), gift cards to purchase groceries
- General: NEW/Unused Convertible car seats (rear/forward facing) – must be brand new, NEW/Unused Booster car seats – must be brand new, backpacks (paper, pens, envelopes, stamps, calendars), socks, adult and teen bicycles, bike helmets and bike locks
- Cedar Rapids area only: bus passes to assist with transportation to job readiness class and/or to employment
Needs for this program are present in communities throughout the Archdiocese. Contact Mary Ready to confirm the need in your area, and a drop-off location: by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone 319-272-2080.
Jail & Prison Ministry
- Adult Bicycles
- Gas station gift cards for transporting clients to medical appointments, job interviews or other essential errands.
- Hygiene or cleaning supply “kits”
- Household budgeting tools, such as calculators and pocket folders
- Calendars and planners
- Cleaning charts
- Unused household items such as: dishes, silverware or kitchen utensils; towels and bed sheets; small appliances and furniture.
Needs for this program are present in communities throughout the Archdiocese. Contact Deacon Bill Hickson to confirm the need in your area, and a drop-off location: by email B.Hickson@dbqarch.org, or by phone 319.538.2853.
Mental Health Counseling
- New/good condition toys for play therapy room such as a dollhouse, puppets, lego sets, baby dolls and Thomas the train sets
Needs for this program are occasional but may be present in communities throughout the Archdiocese. Contact Lynne Lutze to confirm the need in your area, and a drop-off location: by email L.Lutze@dbqarch.org , or by phone 563-588-0558.
Your donation is tax-deductible. Receipts are available upon request. Please ask for a receipt from the staff member who accepts your donation.