Leave Your Legacy through the Creating Hope Legacy Society
About the Legacy Society
The Creating Hope Legacy Society was created in 2018 to provide planned giving opportunities for you to support the mission of Catholic Charities. The society’s sole purpose is to Provide Help and Create Hope for those most vulnerable in the Archdiocese of Dubuque. While this society is new, providing perpetual support for these ministries from people such as you who want to make a difference is not.
Since 1955, over 200 individuals and couples have included Catholic Charities in their estate planning, building a $9.5 million endowment. These souls are the charter members of the Creation Hope Legacy Society. Their endowment provides the beginning of a financial foundation for the perpetual support of Catholic Charities ministries in the Archdiocese of Dubuque.
Planned giving provides you peace of mind knowing you are helping to ensure those organizations you trust are always there to help. It’s for everyone, no matter your financial status.
There are many ways you can create a planned gift. Some of the more popular choices you can consider include:
- Including a charitable gift in your will
- Creating a charitable gift annuity in which you name Catholic Charities as the beneficiary
- Establishing a charitable remainder trust in which you name Catholic Charities as the beneficiary, while providing retirement income for you now
- Purchasing a life insurance policy in which you name Catholic Charities as a beneficiary
Assets that can be used in estate planning are as varied as the assets you possess. Assets that are most commonly used include:
- Cash from your bank account
- A percent of your estate after all the bills are paid
- Appreciated stock you have as part of your portfolio
- Real estate such as part of your farm, vacation home, or your primary residence
This all starts with your will. The first step is to make sure you have a will and it is current. You should ensure that you have considered your families’ situation and how you want to provide for them. Once that is known, look at all the material possessions you have and who should have what after you’re gone. Finally, look at your assets not committed to friends or family and decide those organizations you want to support with those assets, like Catholic Charities, who help the poor and vulnerable.
Become a Member
Establish a commitment to Catholic Charities in the way that works best for you, whether that’s a beneficiary designation in your will, purchasing life insurance, or any of the ways listed above.
Second, let us know you’ve done it. That’s it. We will take it from there.
Through these simple steps, you will be taking an active role in making a lasting impact by helping the poor and vulnerable right here in the Archdiocese of Dubuque.
To learn more or to set up a confidential meeting, please call: 800.772.2758.