Harvest of Blessings is a matching grant program designed to encourage small, parish based projects that address poverty reduction, create systemic change and encourage relationships among those in need and supportive communities so that we may Share Jesus Love.
- Encourage Community Service – inspiring people to DO, putting faith into ACTION
- Provide opportunity for parish communities to gather in fellowship and enrich their lives with the experience of helping others
- Promote collaboration between the Archdiocese, Catholic Charities, Parishes and Parishioners
- Create a venue for faith communities to gain a deeper awareness and understanding of the Catholic Social Teachings
- Provide feedback on awarded grants and share community impact!
Examples of programs that may be considered for funding:
- English as a second language program materials
- Service Trips
- Parish nurse programs
- Social Justice committee projects
- Stewardship committee programs
- Sister parish programs
- Food pantry educational programs
- Kids Against Hunger or other similar food programs
- Start-up ministries materials such as books, DVDs, or program materials
- And more…
Timeline: Fall 2016 grant applications are due by February 28, 2017. Awards will be announced in April 2017.
Harvest of Blessings has been a program of the Archdiocese of Dubuque for many years and was historically known for holiday season financial support to individuals. In an effort to refocus the long-standing program toward the original goals of building ongoing relationships between individuals in need and their parish, and to reach a broader geographic area of the Archdiocese, the matching grant program was initiated. This approach allows parishes to make local decisions about how to support those in need in their parish and the broader communities they serve. By pooling Harvest of Blessings funds with the parishes’ own funds, more help may be provided in a more meaningful way.
To complete the online application, please follow the instructions below.
Registration is recommended PRIOR to saving progress on your form. So, we recommend that before you get started, take a moment to create an account by clicking here: https://www.catholiccharitiesdubuque.org/register/
This program is a partnership of: