Social Issues Resources
We have gathered these resources to assist . For any questions regarding these resources, please contact Steve Schmitz, Parish Social Ministry director, whose contact information is on the left side of the page.
- Catholic Social Teachings informing Social Issues
- The Archdiocesan web site has several good resources that link Catholic Social Teachings to Social Issues. Click here to find them.
- Human Trafficking
- The mission of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Anti-Trafficking Program (ATP) is to educate on the scourge of human trafficking as an offense against fundamental dignity of the human person, to advocate for an end to modern day slavery, to provide training and technical assistance on this issue, and to support survivors through community based services.
- How to help – Be Informed, Become Involved, Be Observant click here to find more details. Learn more about human trafficking in Iowa by browsing the Iowa Network Against Human Trafficking and Slavery statistics, resources, and local events listings.
- If you need help or see something suspicious, call the National Human Trafficking Hotline: 888-373-7888 or text “Help” to BEFREE (233733)
- Iowa Senate File 481 – Senate File 481 instructs local law enforcement to comply with “any instruction made in an ICE detainer request.” For more information in the form of FAQs please click here.
- The Share the Journey web site has many stories, prayers, videos, and activities to enrich your understanding and involvement with our “neighbors” around the world. Wars, persectution, poverty and prejudice affect many in our world. We are encouraged to support them in prayer and action.
Under Construction – This page will contain a growing list various Social Issues and resources.