Immigration Legal Services
Catholic Charities’ immigration staff provides legal services to help reunite families by assisting them in navigating the immigration system and advocating on their behalf. Catholic Charities assists with paperwork for green card and citizenship applications, family and visitor visas, deferred action for childhood arrivals, temporary protected status, violence against women act, and other family-based immigration legal services.
Translation assistance for legal documents such as birth, marriage, and divorce certificates is also available.
Immigration Legal Services available in Cedar Rapids, Decorah, Dubuque and Waterloo. Consultation with community partners and parishes available throughout the Archdiocese.
- For immigration assistance or to learn more contact:
Mike Mbanza, BIA Accredited Immigration Legal Representative, Cedar Rapids (also serving surrounding areas) 319-364-7121 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Yer Vang, JD, Immigration Attorney, Decorah (also serving surrounding areas), 563-382-1231 or email@example.com
- Click here to view our Immigration Legal Services brochure
- Click here to view Know Your Rights: Prepare for Encounters with Immigration Enforcement (English)
- Click here to view Know Your Rights: Prepare for Encounters with Immigration Enforcement (Spanish)
- Click here for more information on DHS Enforcement Action 2016 (Raids)
- Click here for upcoming Know Your Rights Presenatations