Mental Health Counseling
Inspired by the belief that marriage and families are at the core of our social structure, Catholic Charities provides professional counseling for marriages, families and individuals experiencing various social, emotional and interpersonal struggles. The option to use insurance, or pay on a sliding fee scale, makes counseling attainable for anyone who is truly in need.
All Catholic Charities’ counselors (pictured to the right) are masters-level, licensed professionals, and services are available to anyone regardless of religious, social or economic background.
Often, major problems can be avoided through early intervention, and finding new ways to deal with daily struggles. Counseling provides individuals, couples, and families the ability to work out their problems before they become a crisis, helping to maintain emotional health and strengthen relationships. Subjects that Catholic Charities counselors treat include, but are not limited to:
- Struggles with parenting, or step parenting
- Issues surrounding a past abortion
- Marriage problems
- Grief and loss
- Confusion with an unplanned pregnancy
- Stress related to work and/or family
- Trouble dealing with a family member’s addiction
- Emotional and behavioral issues in children
Mental Health Counseling services available in Ames, Decorah, Dubuque, Mason City, and Waterloo.
- Click here to view a list of Counselors
- To speak with a Counselor or set up an appointment call 800.772.2758.
Office Hours are 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. Evening appointments may be arranged.
- Click here to view Counseling forms
- Click here to go to our Mental Health Resource page for monthly educational topics
Catholic Charities Counseling services are funded in part by the United Way
Post Abortion Counseling and Reconciliation | Project Rachel
Project Rachel is a free and confidential program available to anyone who is having difficulty with the after effects of an abortion. Project Rachel consists of meeting with a professional counselor and, if desired, referral to a priest, or minister who can prepare individuals for reconciliation.
Project Rachel available in Ames, Decorah, Dubuque, Mason City, and Waterloo.
- To ask for help please call our toll free number 800.772.2758 and ask for “Rachel”. You will be connected to a trained counselor who will help you sort through your feelings, questions, and current conflict.