Catholic Charities Mission:
Catholic Charities is a social service organization in the Archdiocese of Dubuque that Shares Jesus Love, by responding to persons in need and working to achieve justice in our society.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Dubuque was founded in 1931 as a non-profit, social service organization in the Archdiocese of Dubuque. The organization serves 30 counties in Northeast Iowa and is part of a national social services network through Catholic Charities USA working to reduce poverty, strengthen families and empower communities. We offer a wide variety of programs that strive to provide help and create hope for the individuals in our society who are in the greatest need. We welcome people of all faiths and backgrounds.
- People can recover, reclaim and transform their lives.
- All people have unique strengths.
- Every person deserves a warm, safe and affordable place to call home.
- Family is the foundational structure of society and must be supported.
- Community provides a key to helping people achieve well-being.
- All people should have access to affordable health care, jobs that pay a livable wage, and economic security to plan for the future.
Our mission is deeply rooted in the principles of Catholic Social Teachings.