Catholic Charities Mission:
Catholic Charities is the social service organization of the Archdiocese of Dubuque responding to persons in need and working to achieve justice in our society.
Catholic Charities Vision:
Catholic Charities advocates for and serves individuals, families, parishes and communities in the thirty county area of Northeast Iowa to reduce poverty, strengthen families & empower communities by providing help and creating hope.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Dubuque was founded in 1931 as a non-profit, social service organization in the Archdiocese of Dubuque and is part of a national social services network through Catholic Charities USA. We offer a wide variety of programs for individuals who are in the greatest need and we welcome people of all faiths and backgrounds.
- People can recover, reclaim and transform their lives.
- All people have unique strengths.
- Every person deserves a warm, safe and affordable place to call home.
- Family is the foundational structure of society and must be supported.
- Community provides a key to helping people achieve well-being.
- All people should have access to affordable health care, jobs that pay a livable wage, and economic security to plan for the future.
Our mission is deeply rooted in the principles of Catholic Social Teachings.